Monday, May 26, 2008

Google docs

Google docs was quite easy to use - unfortunately a jpeg of a book cover that I wanted to include in my post did not transfer. I need to go back and discover what I did wrong.

I cannot see many uses for this free shareware in a library environment if there is an intranet and Microsoft Office and PDF readily available. It could be useful to pass on to users who may not have these applications on their home computers. As well, they could be useful for patrons who do not own home computers and may access the internet from several branches. They could format their documents and then access them from which ever library PC they choose to update their documents on.

I am surprised how much free software is available and look forward to trying more of them out.

No comments: